The pipeline route to be selected by taking into account the following criteria:
- The most direct route (the shortest length) from start point to end point of pipeline.
- When installed adjacent to any existing pipeline, the minimum distance between parallel pipelines may not be less than 3 m (check with Owner general specification or Local Regulation) respectively which parallel to existing crude pipeline and existing gas pipeline.
- Adequate radius of curvatures. Minimize the use of bends (hot/cold) when the natural curvature does not applicable.
- Pipeline crossings to be minimized.
- Consideration for offset required for expansion spools.
- Installation clearance and access for maintenance.
- Burial requirement to a minimum distance 1 m (check with Owner general specification or Local Regulation) to the top of pipe.
Minimum Radius Curvature)*
E = Young Modulus of Steel
D = Pipe Outer Diameter
SMYS = Specified Minimum Yield Strength
DF = Design Factor
)* Offshore Pipeline Design Analysis and Method, A.H. Mousselli